Inside Sales Representative
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Private Events
Paint Nite brings together millions of people around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique creative experiences. Those experiences can happen at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues. The events are hosted by local entrepreneurs who partner with Paint Nite to make them happen.
If you join our team full time, you will have access to unique career opportunities and enjoy stellar benefits such as 100% paid maternity and paternity leave and unlimited PTO. Located just minutes from the Porter Square T station in Somerville, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, and an open-concept design.
The Paint Nite Private Events Team is recreating the concepts of Team Buildings, Girls Nights Out and Fundraising. As an Inside Sales Representative on this team, you will report to the VP of Private Events, and your role will be a mixture of qualifying inbound leads, prospecting new leads, and reactivating prior customers, using a consultative sales approach in all cases to inspire individuals and organizations across the US and Canada and get them excited about hosting a Private, Corporate, or Fundraiser event with us.
Once you’ve brought the customer to “yes”, you will hand them over to one of our Event Specialists who will organize the details (date/time/place/host) with the client.
Compensation for this position is a combination of base salary plus commission contingent upon hitting specific revenue-based targets.
Who will love this job?
- A clear communicator who can easily build rapport through conversation and concisely articulate the value of Paint Nite’s unique experiences.
- A proactive hunter who is driven to achieve goals, both personal and professional.
- A collaborator who thrives in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- An organized executor who is detail-oriented and uses data to understand market & sales effectiveness.
- Drive private event sales revenue by converting inbound sales leads
- Regularly reach out to potential new customers to continually build pipeline of new customers and offer new events
- Effectively engage existing clients to participate in subsequent events
- Collaborate with internal partners on event delivery and process to ensure high quality events
- Maintain internal CRM of current and future clients
- Provide feedback on opportunities and areas for development
- Balance high volume with exceptional service, prioritizing effectively
- Meet sales goals as assigned
A successful candidate would possess the following:
- 2+ years of related sales experience
- Prior experience in hospitality/service/event/catering industry preferred
- Sales skills, including experience with prospecting, cold calls, and closing sales
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft Office and CRM tools
- Strong collaboration skills with the ability to work cross-functionally effectively
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent work experience preferred
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; and reach with arms and/or hands. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2012 and privately held, we are headquartered in Somerville, MA and do not own any brick and mortar locations outside of our office in Somerville. We partner with local entrepreneurs around the world who host the creative events in locally established restaurants and bars or in private venues.