Director, Operations & Supply Chain Management
Location: Somerville, Massachusetts
Department: Operations (HQ)
Paint Nite, a leader in re-defining a “fun night out”, brings together millions of people around the world to escape the expected and to share in unique creative experiences. Whether at local eating and drinking establishments with friends and family or at corporate offices with work colleagues, it’s always a memorable experience! And not just at night! The events are hosted by local entrepreneurs who partner with Paint Nite, day or night.
As a team member of Paint Nite, you will join a creative team that enjoys bringing these experiences to the world. And as an added plus, you will have access to unique career opportunities and enjoy above market competitive benefits such as unlimited Paid Time Off (PTO) and 100% paid 12 weeks of maternity or paternity leave to name just a few. Located minutes from the Red Line Porter Square T station in Somerville, MA, our convenient office location features workout facilities, free parking, and an open-concept, collaborative friendly design.
We are looking for a Director of Operations and Supply Chain to manage the end-to-end supply chain for all our different experiences. This person will lead the supplies procurement, fulfillment and logistics needed to host our current creative events servicing multiple-markets (across US, Canada and other future international markets) building and automating the supply chain management process from beginning to end. This role will oversee the assembly and production of any proprietary design materials needed as well as sourcing, warehousing and delivering items purchased from a supplier. The key to success in this will be to collaborate effectively with the internal team and our local partners. Reports to the VP of Partner Operations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create, lead and manage our supply chain from end to end.
- Negotiate procurement agreements with strategic vendors and maintain excellent relationships.
- Lead the coordination of scaling new experiences and the requisite supplies as the new experience moves from Beta testing locally to launching across multi-markets globally.
- Monitor and manage purchasing plans and maintain inventory levels worldwide to meet customer, local partners and direct business requirements ensuring no gaps in supplies availability.
- Oversee the packing, shipping and delivery of proprietary experiences materials as well as supplier-purchased items.
- Manage inventory controls to reduce and eliminate any obsolescence, damage and theft.
- Manage the delivery and logistics of supplies to local partners around the country as well as in Direct markets ranging from rural populations to dense metro areas.
- Maximize operational efficiency using defined metrics continuously improving operational performance while optimizing both company and local partner measures.
- Ensure local partner satisfaction through regular communication and execution of both internal and external key performance indicators.
- Hire, train, manage and develop a Supplies Coordinator and a production team who will produce, assemble and ship globally the proprietary designs to local partners.
- Advanced skills of MS-Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Strong organizational skills
- Data analysis
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Project management skills
- Team management and leadership.
- Budget Management
Qualifications (Education and Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain or related field. (preferred)
- 10+ years of supply chain management experience
- Experience directing and scaling production and assembly of items to be shipped globally
- Minimum of 3 years management experience in distribution, or supply chain environment
- Practiced in procurement strategies/methodologies in distribution
- Proven ability to negotiate costs and develop supply/production programs
- Working knowledge of Procurement/Replenish Order Processing Systems
- Communicating Effectively - Expresses ideas and information in a clear and concise manner; tailoring messages to fit the interests and needs of the audience; defining goals and actions required to accomplish objectives; considers possible changes, constraints or other obstacles that might impact plans; delivers information in a manner that is interesting and compelling to the listener
- Quality Excellence - Critically reviews work processes and identifies problems and solutions that could impact effectiveness, efficiency and quality; ensures project deliverables and services meet all requirements and expectations; provides detailed insight and constructive criticism into problems and complex situations
- Demonstrating Initiative - Practices a bias for action on his/her own without prompting; handles problems independently; able to resolve issues without extensive help from others; does more than is expected or asked
- Results Driven - Aggressively pursues challenging goals and objectives and establishes methods to monitor and improve performance of systems and processes for continuous improvement (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma, Total Productive Maintenance)
- Managing Resources - Accurately estimates resources and time required to complete projects; identifies and secures resources needed to complete tasks and initiatives; makes efficient use of resources
- Team Oriented - Open and willing to share information; helps resolve problems and conflict in a positive manner; accepts accountability of goals and understands the impact on others; understands the importance of team contributions and solutions; demonstrates cooperative contributions to the working environment; supports decisions and addresses concerns within the member network; offers assistance to colleagues
Leadership Success Profile:
- Earning Trust & Confidence - Demonstrating values and personal competence
- Shaping the Future - Developing a strategy for long-term growth
- Developing Self & Others - Building and leveraging individuals’ capabilities
- Leading Transformation Change - Inspiring commitment and momentum
- Delivering Long-Term Value - Achieving superior performance through operating excellence
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for long periods of time; talk or hear; perform fine motor, hand and finger skills in the use of a keyboard, telephone, or writing. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with arms and/or hands; hold and grasp with the hands when loading and unloading supplies & equipment. The employee must be able to lift and carry a minimum of 25 pounds frequently, and up to 50 pounds on occasion. Specific vision abilities include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus. The employee will spend a significant amount of their time in an office environment with a quiet to moderate noise level.
WHO WE ARE
Founded in 2012 and privately held, Paint Nite is headquartered in Somerville, MA and does not own any brick and mortar locations outside of our office in Somerville. We partner with local entrepreneurs around the world to host the creative events in locally established restaurants and bars or in private venues.